Friday, September 4, 2009

Continued (P)review

Okay, so there won't be any stats this time, because apparently the mods can't decide whether we can see collection or not. Sorry.. Supers and ultras this time.



Valban

This guy I love.. Along with Ambolx and Mhein, he is one of my favourite cards this set. If I remember right, he has pretty good stats.. But as most of you may know, I love both danian elementalists, and infection. So I couldn't really get a better card. Fancy a third Nimmei on your team, or like the look of your opponents heptadd? Valban is just plain awesome.

Combat/Elementalist
Practicality: 8 (its easy to infect someone like drazz or lendai and have a dual benefit)
Diversity: 8 (any elements you want!)
Overall: 9 (Yup, my second and last nine)



Yondaf, Symbiotic Infector

A stronger focus on infecting this set.. I love it. Can't say the same for this particular guy though. His first ability is great, and I anticipated someone having it, but 3 uninfected creatures is worth ten damage? I think not. Sure, he has much better elements, mugic and stats, but beyond that.. meh. I thought this kinda weak, high cost burn had stopped by now, but I guess not. At least he works well with Valban, automatically giving valban earth and water on your turn.

Support/combat - Hybrid
Practicality: 4
Diversity: 6
Overall: 6



Tarin

This guy isn't "Whoa!" or "Bleh!" I guess he's sorta "meh", but his ability could be awesome. He has few restrictions.. Considering he isn't loyal or unique, so he works well with Majjcan (10 energyand earth 5), another Tarin, (20 energy to almost all danian combatants!) and Rock River Canyon (30 energy! O_O) Since it isn't Hive-dependent, he's pretty flexible.This is the one from TCGplayer. review, so you have his stats there. Not great, only one above 60, but its the one that counts (courage). Earth, and 45 energy pretty cool, all in all. Still, with no mugic he is unreliable as a support card, unlike his OW counterpart, Rellim WM

Support
Practicality: 7
Diversity: 7
Overall: 7

Nunk'worn Assimilated

I already reviewed him, but I didn't rate him fully. So as you know, been waiting for him all along, blah blah. Awesome. :D Unique and loyal is troublesome, but who cares, he rocks. And as always, his flavour text is epic. W00t for infectionists.

Support
Practicality: 9
Diversity: 5
Overall: 8.5 (cant remember what I gave last time, hope they are the same xD)


Nimmei, Expedition Overseer

Bleh, the second card I shall negatively review. I hate to rant negatively, but.. Well, here goes. Why I do NOT like the new Nimmei.

  1. Nimmei has always been the relatively cheap but reliable option for danian decks that even newer players could use, and older players could trust. Now he is ultimate high end.
  2. The old Nimmei, in his cardart, was "Young" and "untested" and looked friendly. This one is old, mean, and bossy. Alright thats a bit off topic but still..
  3. His ability is just lousy if you ask me. First off, what if you have an earth/water/air attack deck and they have primarily fire/air attacks? Two thirds of your attacks are now useless? Nuh uh! That is such an unreliable strategy! Hello?!
  4. He has no mugic counter and isn't an elementalist.
  5. His ability cant be extended in creative ways like many danian abilities.
Okay, okay, so I better do the pros as well as the cons.
  1. He isn't unique or loyal..
  2. His ability, if used right, can be quite lethal.. I dunno if he retains the element 5 if hes hit by two attacks of the same element, and then gets element 10.. Probably not, but if so, cool.
  3. His stats are quite good.
So that's it.. The once card I was genuinely disappointed in this entire set.. Feel free to call me crazy for this, but that's my opinion on him.

Combat
Practicality: 6
Diversity: 4
Overall: 6...



Lore, High Muge of the Hive

Yay! Third Lore! :D I won't rant about how I don't think he is as good as the last Lore, because the point of the high muges isn't to be mugical or burn tanks, its to use mugic creatively unlike ever before, and I love to see a way of mixing mugic with compost! He might not be the most effective of the High Muges, but I still say his ability is damn cool! What I am most excited about is Strain of Infection and Makrabon. You can get six mugic counters absolutely free. That is just epic. He has earth and I think, 80 courage? 2 mugic is meaty enough for most mugics you would want to re-use, and give him a balladeer's flute for more. Plus, With a little help from Nunk'worn Assimilated and a Lot of help from Inner Flood, this guy can be the ultimate mugical battery. Your opponent can play six mugics whilst you can play twelve. That is the essence of Lore, High Muge of the Hive.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry, the rating for Lore.

    Mugic Support
    Practicality: 8
    Diversity: 6
    Overall: 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lore is pretty amazing, like MOST of the High Muges. Najarin is also good but Enre-Hep's ability I'm not too sure on but I guess most of them are pretty worthy of Ultra. Also, Nimmei can be better if you KNOW who you're fighting. Like in offline battles against friends and such. He can be used even better if they make a way to, in the next set(s), give an opposing creature an element type and add that to an attack. Or switch a gear you have, Liquid Though Evaporater, to one of their creatures. It will count as Water, you'll gain it and a handy Water 5. Until you beat him. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, like Iparu, Nimmei is great for an arranged match.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah i agree on Nimmei i really more like the old one this one only work against M'arrillian,Danian and elementalist deck and for Valbal the first time i see it i was like ''what can i do with him?''Now i think he will be awesome with Nimmei deck

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know. It never said that Nimmei lost the elements. He gains the ones off of the attacks, but it never says anything about losing elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He loses them at the end of the turn, but he keeps them for that battle, which is perfect. You could build a very flexible elemental attack deck and more or less wing it, but it's a problem if you face those popular Aivenna/Maxxor PoP decks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey nice going i have been leaning towards danians and rather than ow which is what i started as and this set might tip me over soz bout the name change this is wootman :)

    ReplyDelete