Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Danian of the Week/Assimilated Article Crossover Special!

I've got a very special Danian of the Week lined up for you today, as it is crossed over with an Assimilated Article. Straight from the Collection Page of SL:AU, it is the one and only assimilated M'arillian.

Yes, that's right. We endured. We endured the m'arillians taking our reservoir, diminishing our courage, invading mount pillar - Looks like the Danians couldn't take anymore. From the flavour texts, we can see that the mipedians and Underworlders are still locked in combat with Ihun'Kalin and Milla'in, whilst Erak'tabb and Neth'uar have been defeated. The riverlands have gone to ruin, but thanks to Odu-Bathax, the Reservoir Reclaimer, the danians got back their foothold in peak condition. Basically, the danian tribe recovered from the m'arillian attack in the best and quickest way: Not only did they fight off the m'arillians, they even assimilated one.

Nunk'worn thought he was so invincible, in both of his cardarts, attacking mandiblors. Well it caught up with him, and the danians fought back. Now Nunk'worn, the mighty m'arillian, is a Danian lacky. I can't tell you how gleeful I am to see this.. The m'arillians haven sunk to this level. I wanted an assimilated m'arillian for so long, and to think it is one of their most treasured warriors, it's a really big hit.
Anyway, I'll stop ranting on that, on to the actual card..

70c 60p 70w 40s 35e

Alright, so, as you can see, great courage and wisdom, fair power, not great speed and poor energy. Unlike the last Nunk'worn, it's not quite built for combat. But I can see one with +5 or max courage being used with an Evergreen Tunic to bring it's energy up to a fair 55 or 60. Attacks like Directed Bravery, already popular with danian decks due to their typically high courage and wisdom, work great. He can also pull off a Powercut, which isn't a bad 0BP attack if you can pull it off.

Unfortunately not a Mandiblor like the other Assimilates, but still a very good card. He has water, a great element for danians, and fire, which isn't too bad, and fits in with cards like Makanaz. His fluidmorph ability fits in perfectly with the Danians being experts at gathering mugic counters in lots of ways. Sure his counters get depleted after each turn, but with cards like Liquid Thought Evaporator and Storm Tunnel Ki'bro's Foothold, you can get and use counters very quickly. Careful though, don't plan any mixed decks with him, this guy is loyal, ironically.

I love this guy, as he shows the awesome power of Danian Infection!

7.5-8/10 (rather high for me)

Also, coming soon is a Review of the SLAU Danians. There are considerably more than last time (Last time 8, this time 16!) so I most likely won't do a video counterpart like I did for FUn, but I will probably make a video showing some of the set highlights for me.
After that, I will finish the last installment of the Assimilated Articles (unless any other author would like to) maybe some more non-creature SLAU articles (also, Nainad or PC, feel free to review mugic, BG, Attacks, Locations, etc.,) one or two more branching out articles, and I will keep up the weekly wednesday Danian of the Week. Enjoy, and don't forget to rate the new Nunk'worn!

8 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm Thr33Trib3s, I don't know if you've seen me around the forums much. Anywho... I really liked your article, as well as a lot of the other ones.

    I was wondering if you need another contributer/writer? I would very much be interested in helping your blog grow.

    This was my old blog: http://chaoticcodemaster.wordpress.com/
    I did a lot of previews and stuff. I even wrote about the 4 main tribes of Chaotic, so that was a lot of fun.

    Anyway, get back to me soon ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandible do you have the chance to have som other card preview other then Nunk'worn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely PERFECT, completely, and Utterly! The things that Danians will be capable of with this card is beyond... Ode of Obscurity just lost its need for General's Standard. Just use this guy, and you can infect LOADS of creatures, Inner flood now has an absolutely ENDLESS supply of counters to pass on... 10/10, definatly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot express how awesome this is! Through the whole invasion I thought they should infect some; about time too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'll respond to these comments in order.

    Thr33Trib3s, glad you liked the articles. I actually quite need another writer.. No one seems to be posting anymore. Just give me your email and I'd be glad to add you :)

    Pat, they removed the cards from the collection, so in the brief period when the cards remained, I saved Nunk'worn to my computer.. So yep, this preview is totally exclusive to the Danian Hall ;) Anyway, I don't have any other pics saved, but I can sure tell you a few of the highlight danians, if you dont mind spoiling the surprise.

    Tsunai, I totally agree.. Imagine if your infection army just got hit with an overworld Embassy - You can use this guy to reinfect the entire opposition with Ode to Obs., or if you brought along a standard or a north range, re infect the whole board! And good point about Inner Flood.. I can see lots of great combos with this guy and Illexia, Makrabon, or Ramarhvir.

    Magma, I agree 100% I've been waiting for this for sooo long now..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike.Troanowicz@gmail.com

    Glad to be on board :) Email me when you get this and we can discuss what I can write about.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to comment on my blog Mandible and i need to see other people on my blog too i made a new review about the new odu-bathax so i hope to get some comment from many people

    http://hiveblog-pat77.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thats just awesome i gotta get this card.You see Ive been working up to having all of the assilmated creatures.

    ReplyDelete