Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Danian Ethoss

I'm just going to give a quick intro to Danians, involving culture, gameplay, background and strategies. I won't go into their government because Buzzer has a top notch article on that already. I'll start simple.

Now, when one hears the word "Teamwork" we generally think of Overworlders with their endless defense and support abilities, but when you think about it, no one does teamwork like Danians. While overworlders need to be beside each other to get teamwork in, Danians can span across the board! Power, speed, wisdom, energy, when hive is activated danians benefit in these traits from every other mandiblor you have. Ah, mandiblors, it's always the little guy who keeps the big bad nobles in shape.

In many danian armies, mandiblors are crucial (I did say I'd start simple). Now this is one reason why I like danians - You can't just throw down some big bad bruisers like Nimmei or Odu-Bathax and boom, there's your army - Trust me, these guys work a lot better with mandiblors around. So the danian mechanic ensures balanced armies.

If someone on the street were come up to you and shout "Danians" you would probably think of one of these two things. "Hive ability" or "Who the heck is that guy and why is he shouting at me?" But let's go with the first one for now. Hive Ability is the great giver of all that is good for the danians. Several creatures (Kannen, Junda, Skartalas) or mugic/attacks (chorus of the hive, call of the hive) and even one location (Mount Pillar) can activate Hive. It's up to the player to decide which one and how. It's also important to regulate your hive, don't boost your Nimmei while fighting a dractyl if your opponent has a maxxor in the back. Wait until you really need it - Hive is precious, and nearly always involves a sacrifice.

The true Zenith of the Hive was the invention of the danians most potent weapon - infection. Like the look of that Gronmor? Then just infect him over to your side! Well, not quite. But you can use your opponent's creatures to your advantage, and really mess with them with cards like Mahrrant or Wamma Hive Ordnance.

Danian Society. Danian society is a rather simple hierarchy, mandiblors at the bottom, queen at the top. However, they are also a collectivist society, meaning they look beyond the needs of the individual, and look at the needs of the group. One mandiblor isn't as important as the survival of the Hive. It's a strong viewpoint, but the danians are all the better for it.

General Gameplay - A few basics on danians. Danians are most skilled with Earth and Water elements, quite a few air users too, and though they are in the minority there is still a fair amount of fire users. Still, most often you will see the Earth or Water element. Danians are renowned for courage, so attacks like Rustoxic and Rip Tide can work great for them. Danians work better in 6v6 and up, I wouldn't advise 3v3 unless you have a good infection to get more mandiblor might, and 1v1 is basically suicidal. If and when 10v10 comes out in the pad (unlikely) that would be ideal.

And that was my very very very brief account of the danian tribe.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, its PC, you said you needed some help. So what do you need help with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need an extra Author to help write articles with me and Buzzer, so would you like to take that position? :D?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure! I also just made a new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw it (I think, unless it's old)

    Now for the awkward part >.> I need one of your e-mail addresses to add you as an author. If you feel uncomfortable giving it out, you could just make a new e-mail address on g-mail or the like and use an account on that. But in any case, I promise not to hand either out to spammers or anything :D And yay! I'll go check your blog now.

    (or you can just tell me what to say and I'll post it for you, under your name)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just pmed you my Email. Don't worry, I trust you. Occasus hasmy Email also. So do others. :)
    Here is my site:
    http://pcshark11chaotic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just making sure, don't like to pressure people about these things anyway :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, thanks for the invite! I just posted!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, how do you get the picture at the top?

    ReplyDelete