Thursday, May 28, 2009

Helpful Tip

It has recently occured to me that for the TOTT edition with so many mandiblors that this is great for us dannian players, so here are a few tips, when using, well frankly any creature other than a mandiblor, whether dannian or not, something helpful is to give them a "Mandiblor Crown" giving them the title mandiblor, and thus be able to get in on any compost ability your dannians may have.

Also here is a deck that may help you out, that srongly uses the compost ability
6 vs. 6

Ivelaan Khritlann Ivelaan
Makanaz Makanaz
Odu'Bathax(mandiblor crown)



Odu'Bathax with the mandiblor crown, Kritlaan, and Makanaz(2) are the most important cards for this deck, because by the time your oponent gets to Odu'Bathax if his scannd energy is, say, 25 if everyone else is destroyed, then he will have plus 50 energy, and for me I put Ivelaan(2) is so the deck can be filled with many stat based attack cards, this deck will continue in strength through out the battle each time a card is lost, but as all compost decks Void Dirge can really mess this one up so be careful when facing someone who knows you to be a dannian player, hope these tips help, enjoy.

Long Live The Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(heehee, I will now explain that even though this has a British origin for the continual line of female rulers in Britain, it can also be extrapolated to dannian fans because Queen Illexia rules over the dannians and is a Queen, thus making my exclamation heavy sentence become redundant as a continue to write out this sentence :) )

6 comments:

  1. Replace the aging Odu, God I hope we get a new one in the next set, for Nimmei with a couple Intense Polyphony and watch him grow to over a 100 energy. He still get all the boosts from the composts but also has higher stats, higher energy, more elements and stronger (but hive activated)ability.

    I think compost deck are great but at Montreal regional I saw one get owned because of two cards: Supercooled Rain and Lore's Chamber of Recall. the first can be stopped with Vilrik Landfarer but I don't see how to stop Lore's Chamber and untill I do I'm staying away from composts.

    Ricco

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few things to say here!

    1. Cool, I was just about to post about Mandiblor Crown, it's one of my new favourite battlegears and it's no stranger to my army.

    2. I would agree that despite his Hive-free energy boost ability, Odu-Bathax's mono-elemental, mediocre stats and energy card design falls short in modern decks, regrettably. Nimmei is a good substitute. Like Ricco said, pack in the intense polyphony's, they are a great free cost mugic. It can bring a Nimmei with 45 energy to 100 energy. Additionally, the Ivelaans and Hive will bring Nimmei's stats up by 75. That's practically enough to take out almost any battle weary army if you have a good attack deck.

    3. Ricco, you raise a good point. Lore's Chamber, Lore's Chamber... It's a chin-scratcher. How DO we overcome it... I thought about this for a long time. In the end, the key to all compost decks is the way to defeat it: Timing. If you can time it right, You can make the location useless. I had a deck with 2 Song of Futuresights. As soon as your opponent's second location comes up, I use Song of Futuresight twice. If the chamber comes up, put it on the bottom. If it doesn't, it's either not in the deck, or it's one of the next two or three locations to come up.

    Now, in a 6v6 battle, there is a maximum of 11 battles, right? Maybe 12, not sure how it works out, but anyway, since each player reveals a new location from their deck each turn, we usually only get through about half of our location decks. So if it hasn't come up by then, chances are it won't come up in time to do any damage.

    Alternatively, You can simply hold out letting your composters get coded for as long as possible until it becomes necessary. That way, you can make sure the chamber comes up too early.

    But one of the most important elements to a compost deck is to make sure your creatures have a fighting chance without Composters. I faced a tough Underworld deck a few days ago that used Forgotten Origins after all of my compost creatures were coded. Hiadrom, Neekwin and Nimmei were still independent enough to defeat the other 5 creatures without the compost boost. Remember not to rely solely on Compost creatures. I'm going to be making a post about compost in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Odu-Bathax is outdated, but he still have some advantage over Nimmei. Even if Nimmei could be a better choice, Odu-Bathax don't need hive to gain energy.

    I really like the idea around this deck. Even if he not competitive with all the cards that can destroy this stratedy in the metagame, I like this deck. I think you did a great job SirNainad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what Hive Amber and Intense Polyphony is for :) But Odu-Bathax is still a favourite of mine. I would advise adding Cadence Clashes to stop Void dirge and Forgotten Origins

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you MandibleMuge, but that is also why I included Ivelaan to boost Odu's stats, and for my attack cards I have a bunch of stat checks and challenges so as to mack up for odu's stats, plus Makanaz has quite high power so that is why they are before Odu, they can easily hold there own with power attack cards, plus with plus 50 to each stat from 2 Ivelaan, it gives you a good stat based deck, I know that it relies heavily on "compost" but really what my post was about was for the mandiblor crown tip, which I just got in a tin not but 5 days ago when the idea struck me, the deck in its self is a good concept, but yes, I do conceed that there are many flaws and things that can be tightened up to make it a stronger deck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, of course, and as I said, Mandiblor Crown is great, I use it all the time. It's in my army right now :)

    ReplyDelete