Saturday, August 8, 2009

Assimilated Articles: Raznus



C:50 P:20 W:75 S:30 E: 50

I'm starting a series of articles, each one revolving around an assimilated creature, since they are so very popular. Raznus here is the "muge" role of the assimilates.
Once the Overworld ambassador to the danians, Raznus was, ahem, "persuaded" to join the danian tribe in Zenith of the Hive, when infection came out. By the time Silent Sands was in stores, Raznus was a card-carrying, mandibled, bugged-up danian.

But enough of the aesthetics, let's start the review. First of all, like all of the assimilates, he is a mandiblor, which is really handy. Second, he has the water element, which is very popular - also good, although his stats mean he isn't really prime for battle. Wisdom is his only advantage, whereas most danians prefer to rely on courage. His mugic counter is nice, but the most notable thing about this guy, of course, is his ability.

The danian answer to song of shelter. A universal song of shelter, in fact, if you have a pure danian deck. I think he might appreciate in value with mipedian balladeer's flute today. A great muge if used right, and the first of the Assimilates to be reviewed!

Random info: I pulled both the old raznus and the new one and still have them in physcial! :D

7 comments:

  1. I think he would be seen even today in play if two things happened to him after infection.
    1. two counters.
    2. earth element.
    this may have made him into a super rare though.


    His ability is quite useful, but with topar around now, I've no use for him. In a danian deck built around water, you could use that new attack card - inner flood - and give him mugics when possible. that coupled with a MBF and a few ropa'shakk cimegrids, counters a plenty. in fact... I think you just inspired this weeks deck MandibleMuge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe cool :D

    Cant wait for the Kolmo review

    You can probably guess who this is :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the person before me... Twister?

    Dosu, don't rub in the pulls. I only have one original Raznus and two Assimilateds :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. MandibleMuge(seriously, it is o.o)August 9, 2009 at 4:56 AM

    I hope so, Hikeda :D Thanks! (I have Raznus and inner flood offline.. I might just try out that deck :O)
    I'm guessing it was twister, the kolmo-lover :P And Kolmo is next!

    Don't worry Krew, my pulls are notoriously bad, I don't have much to rub in (except for Gorram and Chaor! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review Mandible. I had a Raznus Assimilated..But he dissapeared from my collection..Weird.. :P And no need to rub in the Gorram..I have one :D

    ReplyDelete