Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Danian of the week

Alright, this week, it's Ode to Obscurity




Now, I know it's not a creature, but if you read the last "What's Coming" I was planning to do an article on this anyway, and figured I could make it a danian of the week and hit two dractyls with one pebblestorm :P
Anyway, this is one of the most versatile infection mugics I can think of. First off, I love my infection :D In any shape or form, if it assimilates, I like it. I'm glad they brought this card in, as it makes up for the lurch that's left when you try infection in a mixed army. Mixed army infection, for the benefit of cards like Vunhra, often means you need to cut out one of the typical infectors, such as Tabaal. Right there, that's an easy two infection gone. So I assume Ode to Obscurity was made to make up for this gap, and boy am I grateful. But Mixed Armies aren't it's only use. Of course, you could use general's standard or northrange to act like you have non danians, but I don't like that idea. It seems unfair, like we are taking all the benefits from forged unity without actually filling our part of the bargain and mixing the tribes. But even so, let's look at the good this card can do in pure danian decks.
  • A one cost, one infection mugic. Sometimes you want to infect just one creature, not two, and since Infectious Melody has to be a cost of two, you may not want (or be able to) go the extra mile. Melody of Infectious Mayhem works, but that's only when they are engaged, so cards like Wamma Hive Ordnance won't work. So with this, you can spend one, infect one.
  • A third infectious melody. Run out of room for infection? Don't want to use Tabaal instead of a somewhat meatier creature with two MC? You can use this as a third infectious melody if need demands it.
And of course, in mixed decks, it's a two-fer. Spend one, infect two. Spend two, infect four. Spend 3, infect your entire opposition! If you want to really go mad, max out and spend all 6 (if your mixed deck includes a fluidmorpher) and infect every creature on the board! An incredibly valuable card for infection.

If you read this and other articles, please don't forget to comment ;^)

Rate out of 10!
Mine is a good ol' 8/10 for it's pure awesomeness!

2 comments:

  1. Dude. I too like this mugic. I found it useful in a dainain deck I built when it came out. I think it works exceptionally well with brainwashed danian decks ... like a neth'uar and aurbean and others... if you catch my drift. Very useful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it sure is, it's about perfect for minion infection decks too, good thinking.

    ReplyDelete